Archives for November 2009
So I recently turned 21… in Korea. 20 in America. But more importantly, for the first time in forever, I did something for my birthday. Like with people, actual friends, dogs, cat & everything. It was a two-day event. AMAZING yes?
- They always say 3rd time’s the charm so Hannah & I went for it again… we tried to have a class gathering. But it had a purpose this time! Surprisingly, some people were actually interested haha. Numbers were exchanged & I was quite curious to see who would actually turn up.
- Dinner time! I had a 1st class dinner with Esther & Casey @ McDonald’s. Nothing says happy birthday like chicken nuggets, french fries, & 콘샐러드. After dinner, we headed to 홍대 to meet up with Hannah for Bau House.
- Bau House: is exactly how it always is. I felt very honored that all of these dogs were there to celebrate my birthday with me: fat huskey씨, wolf씨, ugly dog씨, beagle씨, lassie씨, sad-eyes dog씨, kitty씨, among many other adorable canines.
- After Bau House, we went to meet Minho (from class) & his friend Ara @ ZEN but they had no tables. So we ventured over to Gold Bar. They kept switching our table so we were sort of on the move. It was a little awkward at first but it got more fun when Maryon came with her boyfriend. Chun-nam came too! Then other random people came haha. Tequila, tequila, tequila!
- When the clock struck 12, Maryon busted out a pink bag with a present for me awww>
- Moved to some random street stall near Cocoon to get some 떢볶이 & 순대. I was quite happy to learn that Minho is also a big fan of 순대. Thanks to Maryon’s boyfriend for buying for us (:
- Hauled ass back to ZEN & got ourselves a comfy table to pass out sit at. More tequila & other mystery drinks whose names I cannot currently recall. Minho passed out at the table… I found that so amusing.
- Some people went to Cocoon after that but I headed back to Sinchon with Casey, Hannah, & James.
- YAY! I’m officially 2NE… in Korean time.
- I spent the majority of my day sleeping in b/c I felt like it. & I sorta felt like shit haha. But I lost my keys the night before & ended up spending most of my day looking for it.
- Not eating anything at all made me even sicker. I went to dinner with Esther at Pizza Hut around 8pm but I couldn’t really enjoy the food
- Met up with Hannah at the UPLEX Christmas tree afterwards to kill time. We wandered over to Cafe Bene to get some waffles. We loitered there for awhile before meeting up with Casey to go to BLUE MONKEY <3
- A lot of people were already there. I love the chillness of Blue Monkey, wouldn’t have gone anywhere else to celebrate the occassion haha. Again, Minho kept yelling out “HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORIS!” which brings the birthday wish count to: 4349803289745.
- Decided to move to another location after Blue Monkey. To get 순대 of course. The lady near Nature Republic was being really mean to us so we moved to 약국 lady who gave us so much 써비스.
- Moved to Bier Garten next but quickly left to Mike’s Cabin after that b/c it was so boring. At Mike’s Cabin, I have never seen so many white people in my life. Seriously. WHITE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.
- Spent the rest of the night taking tequila shots & “dancing.” So much random hip hop music. We stayed ’til closing time. Then watched Minho put on a Korean drama performance before walking home.
So all in all, BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! Besides the massive amount of alcohol & hearing “HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORIS!!” 9837498273423 times… I was just really happy to have people to spend the day(s) with. The cool part was that I didn’t even know most of these people. YAY for cool people. THANK YOU EVERYONE <3
And now some pictures for your viewing pleasure:
me & 마리연… 우리 반 막내, 선물을 고마워 <3
what happens at ZEN, stays at ZEN… until i post it up of course
I was quite amused at a napping 민호… ㅋㅋㅋ
화장실 사진 w/ steve & juan… steve went to paly & he was in key club, hi former minion!
i don’t remember what this was…
케이시, 아라, & 도리스 @ 바란색 원송이
class picture @ blue monkey
반짝 반짝 nails
- Shes makes that “X” motion with her hands 379847938475 throughout the class. I understand if she does it once or twice to emphasize grammar points but she does it for everything. I think she X’d me twice.
- Her movements are very umm… vivid. The way she points and moves is so sharp and out there. Just think “to the windowwwsssssss, to the wallsssssssss!”
- Instead of letting us read on our own, she repeats every single word we read right after we read it. It’s like an annoying echo you can’t get rid of.
- Those little dialogues at the beginning of every section are now the worst things ever. She makes everyone in class read out each sentence. It takes like 4 hours just to get through one dialogue.
Date of Visit: November 1st, 2009
I really wish I was in 홓대 for Halloween right now… I’m not much of a clubber but I just wanted to go see the culture & atmosphere of Halloween in Korea. But complications arose & *ahem*. Oh wellssssss…I made these for my classmates + Esther + Casey today:
I am very pleased with how they turned out. I especially like the ghosts haha with the ㅅㅇㅅ expression. I used to love bringing stuff to school for my classmates as a kid in elementary school… I’m glad I have a chance to do something like this again. 헤피 할로윈!