I sometimes question my current priorities in life. Life is currently so safe, yet so carefree. My frequent day-to-day “worries” include:
- what to eat for lunch
- should I buy my coffee or drink coffee mix today
- do I stay good & drink water or break my habits & drink soda
- should I grade all my online speaking HW right away or wait until after
- where to spend my 5-minute breaks
- should I finally wash the dishes today?
- what useless things can I buy to further “decorate” my apartment
My life seems so trivial compared to those of people I know (mainly through Facebook). I’m not short on cash to pay bills. I can pay off all my debt (even though I am currently choosing not to). I don’t pay rent. I don’t have a morning commute. But then again, I am very blessed to have such a great job that spoils me (& works me to death too :D) I’ve been thinking about applying to grad school during the past couple of months… this would mean going back into debt. If I choose to also get my California teaching credentials, that would mean relocating to California for 6 months. And that would mean moving out of my awesome abode at the Hyundai Itel. Where would I store all my shit? I’ve spent so much time building this place into a home that giving it all up again would make me cry.
So yea, going from carefree with disposable income & almost no credible worries to buckled down grad student piling debt will not be an easy transition. Am I making sense? Probably not. What the shit, I haven’t even applied or gotten in anywhere yet hahahahah. I’ll slowly work on it this summer. For now… 21 more days until Taiwan!