I AM A MESS. So last year while I was in Seoul, I spent the majority of my time reflecting upon how much I missed Daejeon and my kids. So I moved back. And now that I’m back in Daejeon, I MISS SEOUL! WTF, why can I not get my shit together??
Things I missed about Daejeon life when I lived in Seoul:
- easy curriculum to teach
- the nostalgia of being at a school for 3 years
- living across Burger King/KFC/Gongcha/Starbucks
Things I miss about Seoul now that I’m living in Daejeon:
- MY KINDERGARTEN KIDS (IRIS CLASS OF 2015!!)
- teaching kindergarten in general
- being able to plan my own lessons
- my sassy MGT2 kids (now MGT3)
- PAS7 (especially those 2 crazy months we spent prepping for the debate competition)
- scheming with my co-workers
- snacking with my co-workers
- field trips
- Myeongdong being 13 minutes away
- Itaewon being 25 minutes away
- Taco Bell
- 유가네 닭갈비 being 5 minutes away
- Panda Express
- the Poly Conference buffet
- Kyobo Bookstore
I am delicious foods-deprived and a big mess because I miss my kids. I will always miss my kids – both at April and at Poly. I do have a lot more free time nowadays and my schedule isn’t as intense. It’s intense in April land, but after coming from my Poly schedule last year, this ain’t shit.
Aside from taking a cake decorating class, I’ve been swishing around Daejeon in my tracksuit. Personalized tracksuit, I might add. I’ve also been going up to Seoul once or twice a month to hang out with Martha. Our days usually start out with lunch, snack, walk around, dinner, and Gongcha. So it was like me and Kristina but with more Korean food. With summer term coming up next week, I’m just trying to take things one step at a time. Of course, things are never calm or straightforward. But that’s April for ya! I’m just trying to keep my shit together and do the best I can.