i love leaving important tasks to the last minute!
* ELECTRICITY: I finally called Edison to set up my power for my apartment. My move-in date is this Saturday but they won’t be able to switch my power on until Monday (1/5). Hmmm… I hope the last person who lived there still has the power on lol. If not, I’ll go home & come back Mid-Monday.
* TEXTBOOKS: I’m sort of excited that only 2/3 of my classes require textbooks. But still, it was like 5 textbooks. I was able to rent 3 & still have to buy 2. I don’t know if they’ll come in time. I ordered 1 from the UCI bookstore but I don’t know when that’ll come either. If I have to, I’ll buy it again & return it when my mail order comes in. Another stupid thing I did was have the books be delivered to my Garden Grove address.
* PACK & CLEAN: Yup, I haven’t touched my room since I last attempted to clean it up in October. FAIL x100. The only thing that’s changed is the fact that I bought more crap since October so there is more stuff piling up. Ehh, I’ll get to it. I’ll probably move in Saturday just to get my key/drop off furniture. Then I’ll come back to pack/clean everything else. Oh the glory of only living 25 minutes away.
* FURNISHING: Never bothered to shop for furniture or anything deemed necessary. So yesterday, I bought this wrapping paper storage thing to use as a trashcan. A similar looking “trashcan” was $17 but this wrapping paper storage thing was only $4.50. What a bargain! I also bought 2 smaller wastebaskets, & a cube storage shelf thing. I don’t intend to use it as a bookcase as suggested but more like a room divider. But I want to find a black one. I took white b/c it was the only color Target had.
* LOCATION: My apartment is supposedly behind the UTC parking lot. But I don’t see where haha. I’ve only seen the “front” of the UTC aka Lee’s Sandwiches & Taco Bell. But I guess if I walk past the theatre, it’ll connect to Harvard Ave. I don’t wanna pay for a parking permit so I guess I’ll be walking to school for the next 6 months. Haven’t walked to school since… wait, never. Even though I lived behind Stanford Elementary, I’ve always been driven to & from school lol.
I’m not putting everything off because I’m getting cold feet… I’m just really lazy & don’t want to go back to school. Sitting around & doing nothing for the past three months has been absolutely wonderful. Sure I took some classes but they were all like self-study. Always having to be busy with something to do is soooo high school. I will miss clubbing on Wednesday nights, clubbing again on Thursday nights, waking up at noon, going to mall at least 3x a week, aerobics with my cat, etc etc.
Okay back to packing & cleaning. If you go to UCI, let’s hang out (maybe, I’m not good at making plans & keeping them). If you don’t go to UCI, come over & we’ll hang out! (I almost always make time for out of town guests). My memory foam mattress is your memory foam mattress. =)