- Class sucked. Partly because I could not stay awake for the life of me. After Korean class, I went back to I-House to get ready for the EAP Banquet. This was my 1st EAP event of the summer 😀
- I didn’t really know where the building was so I followed Rachele back to her room so we could walk over together later. We eventually climbed some stairs & made it to the building.
- EAP staff was being a bitch & saying like “IF YOU’RE ON THE WAITLIST YOU CAN’T COME!” so I was like “That’s cool, I’ll leave.” Then when they saw that barely anybody was turning up, they were like “Oh wait, come back you can come in.” Okay snobby assholes…
- I sat at a table with Rachele & some other people I barely knew. In particular, a girl named Kristy from UCSD. This was the conversation that entailed:
- Kristy: Excuse are you Doris?
- Me: Yes I am, nice to meet you.
- Kristy: Doris Vu?
- Me: Yes… have we met?
- Kristy: OMGOSH! I remember you from Key Club!
- Me: Oh heh -_-;; (everyone else at table stares at me)
- Kristy: Yea we met at DCON senior year while you were governor *trails on*
- Me: Oh wow that was awhile back *tries to change the subject*
- The food was SO GOOD. It was legit catered food. But there was so little of it. And the worst part was, I was still sick so I didn’t taste anything at all hahahaha. I ate a handful of salt & honestly, didn’t taste anything.
- After the awkward banquet, I walked back to I-House with Angela & people.
- Crashed in my room after that. Ahhh nyquil <3
- I had my Korean finals today. Speaking, reading comprehension, writing, & listening. That shit was hard. I was confused about everything. Oh well, I just hope I passed.
- My speaking final was hilarious though:
- teacher: 어떤 사람 좋아해요?
- me: 재미있는 사람 좋아해요.
- teacher: 아… 그럼, 왜 재미있는 사람 좋아해요?
- me: 그 사람은.. 재미있어요.
- teacher: 어떤 사람 싫어요?
- me: UHHH… 재미없는 사람 싫어요…
- teacher: 왜 재미없는 사람 싫어요?
- me: hmmm… 그 사람은 진짜 재미없어요.
- After Korean, I ate 라면 for dinner & studied for my Topics final.
- Last day of classes! My topics final wasn’t all that bad… nothing unexpected. I finished my final early so I walked out with Stella to chat for a bit. Wish we could’ve hung out more over the summer <3
- I went back to my room to pack stuff up & throw it in the boxes I got from the post office. Sarah helped me get a taxi down to the school post office. I sent one box home & one box to JLim.
- Then we ran to catch the shuttle back to NMH for Korean class. I came in late for the first time hahaha. My teacher bought us all ice cream as we looked over our final test scores. I’m going to miss this class…
- Later in the evening, I headed out to this magical place called Blue Monkey haha. And from there… our night went DOWNHILL. JUST… DOWNHILL. I opted out of having a blue monkey because I was still kind of sick… but everyone else, OMG.
- We headed over to our usual spot.. Bugle Bugle to continue the night there. A shitshow all around lol. But then again these are the good times I’m gonna look back on later & think… WTF.
- Went to 싼타 nohraebang afterwards to continue the shitshow. Butchered every Korean & American song known to man. Went back to I-House around 6AM… Commencement was at 8:30AM HAHAHA.
- I was planning to skip commencement because 1, I got home at 630AM. 2, it was just an unorganized event again anyways. And 3, I got home at 630am. But I was RUDELY awakened by *AHEM* via my room phone. So since I was up, I wandered down to the auditorium which was alllll the way by main gate.
- I waited around for Angela to get there from DMCville. We found a seat inside & watched the award ceremony (obviously they forgot our awards haha) Taekwondo was awesome… considering those fools went out drinking til 6AM. Seriously, they rocked with the can kicking & everything.
- Hip hop was the biggest letdown ever. It was just weird & ughhh. The rest of the ceremony was a waste of time. Angela & I were so effing hungry so we went to get budaechiggae afterwards. Mmm mystery meal.
- After that, we met up with Diane at 신촌 역 so I could take those two to the hair salon to get perms. Got some Smoothie King while I was waiting & lounged around. I eventually left Angela at the salon to get some mosquito medicine at the hospital 약국. Went back to I-House after that to nap.
- We decided to stay in for dinner that evening by ordering chinese take-out for the last time. I got something similar to jajangmyun but with cabbage or something like that. I ate like two bites & was full.
- We lounged around doing stupid stuff & looking up the location to Bau House for awhile. Then we took the bus to HongDae to look for Dog Cafe.
- We walked around for awhile before finding Bau House hidden in an alley near QVo. This place was awesome! It’s a basic cafe with 20 dogs & 1 cat just running around playing with customers. They swarm you when you buy those dog treats to feed them.
- After dog cafe, we went to Bugle Bugle where I met THE Andrew Kim. I mean I celebrated Andrew Kim Appreciation Day without knowing who he was but it was nice to meet him in person haha. The group split after awhile to go clubbing & the rest of us went to nohraebang.
- It was move-out day at I-House so everyone was rushing to pack up their stuff & leave. Good thing I had another week at I-House haha. I helped Sarah & some people drag their shit down to the lobby. Sat around with some people & got breakfast at The Kitchen.
- After I said my goodbyes to everyone, I headed back to my room to figure out stuff for my Vietnam trip next week. That’s when Rachele called me to go to Insadong. So I took the bus with her & Annie to Insadong to shop for souvenirs.
- We walked around Insadong for awhile before walking down the street to Kyobo. I <3 this bookstore. I bought a Korean listening book & Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets in Korean hahaha. I also bought the CD to the UCI Korean textbook.
- Took the subway to Hongdae for another trip to Dog Cafe lol. I’m already becoming a regular at this place. After bothering the cat for several hours, we went to eat some spicy seafood stew. It was wayyy too spicy for my taste.
- We headed back to Sinchon afterwards to chill at Tom & Tom’s which was 24/7. We stayed there until about 3am & took a taxi back to I-House to sleep.
- Met up with Sarah to hang out & lounge around at around 11am. Waited for Rachele then went to the Techno Mart to look for presents & other electronics. Sarah met up with her friends & went to Gangnam.
- Rachele & wandered around for hours making small talk with the shop owners & looking for a phone & MP3 player.
- After lots of wandering & Rachele purchasing an MP3 player, we went back to Sinchon to having dinner with Zenas & Angela at a tofu house place.
- Woke up by noon & headed out to the Filipino market in Hyehwa. We ate some really yummy food & then walked around for a bit.
- The heat was crazy but the area was really nice! We decided to recline at a small coffee place called Ann’s House. It was really pink & princess-y… just the way I like my life to be.
- After that, we headed back to Sinchon to recline some more.